Well, not really but since the clocks “sprung” forward last weekend it kinda feels like it should be. The fact that I was just hot outside in a tank top and flip flops doesn’t hurt either. Be that what it may, I have officially “sprung” (ha ha clever me) into official spring crafting mode. We’re decorating foam eggs (foam shapes have been a brilliant crafting invention) and I just made my first ever non-evergreen wreath. (If you’re wondering about my evergreen wreaths- you can witness that short lived phase here.)

The idea began on pinterest (which has been my FB replacement but with much less time and attention and actually resulting in me spending more quality time with the girls- yay crafts). I found this idea and thought…I don’t want a garland or a pile ‘o eggs but lightbulb- I *did* want a Spring wreath. And so, I got to work.

Now, I pretty much followed the instructions from the blog but I have several notes. One, the consistency was kind of lumpy with the flour. Next time, I’d stir more or possibly try to omit the flour all together though I’m not sure how this would work. Regardless, making sure to wipe off excess mixture while applying the thread is very important. Any clumps will dry on your pretty eggs and be impossible to come off. Next, blowing up water balloons is not. fun. at. all. So, yeah, have fun with that. Getting a number of similarly shaped and sized balloons was a task and some of mine are a little rounder than others but oh well, it adds character. Lastly, make sure you turn them while drying and don’t pop the balloons until completely dry. I had one or two that were mostly dry (I had turned them once or twice during the drying process) but they were just the tiniest bit damp on one side- that side is kind of sunken in. Not a big deal since I made it into a wreath- just put those parts on the back.

Now, wreath assembly. It was really difficult. I made 14 different colored eggs (40 cents worth of embroidery floss for each one from hobby lobby). I arranged them in a circle. I searched for my hot glue gun. Called Jonathan to ask where it was. Looked some more. Stared at them for a while. Got out out my tacky glue and called it a day. I had two different types of ribbon- but them together and tied a bow. Glued them on with my good old tacky glue (thinking this wreath may fall apart but as long as it’s after easter I don’t care too much). And, done. I will be picking up a can of sealant before I hang it on my door (which I’d really like to get painted first anyway since the paint is peeling and I never did like that red anyway but I digress). I love the way it turned out and I can officially call this the end of my Spring wreath dilemma.

Next up…my closet…which I’m avoiding putting back together by crafting and blogging….=)